Security & Resilience Support Officer
The job has expired.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the operational security provision at the Preston Laboratory and to deliver the Preston Laboratory elements of the Pan-NNL emergency exercise schedule under the direction of the NNL Emergency Manager.
- Own and manage the facility automatic access control system (AACS) including granting and denying access, reviewing access, confirming clearances, managing fault rectification and ensuring the system is properly maintained
- Identify and manage plant security vulnerabilities and incidents, including identification of mitigating actions, statutory reporting to and managing of the regulator, and execution of improvements
- Develop and implement security arrangements to support project execution, plant maintenance and repair, and contingency requirements through the production and approval of Temporary Security Plans, Temporary Security Arrangements & Security Modification Proposals
- Develop, gain approval and implement operational security arrangements for new security capabilities and ensure existing arrangements remain valid and reflective of industry and business relevant good practice
- Advise staff on matters of security policy, procedure and requirements
- Support the development of Emergency Exercise Schedule(s) for Preston Laboratory that provide adequate levels of training and exercising of emergency response teams, meet all regulatory and stakeholder expectations and provide proportionate coverage of emergency preparedness risks.
- Plan, execute and report on conventional safety, conventional security, nuclear safety and nuclear security exercises, in line with the approved exercise schedule, and implement improvements identified through this exercising
- Engage with stakeholders, both internal and external, to support operations and deliver the operational security regime and emergency exercise schedule, including the site security guard force and local police constabulary
- Responsible for ensuring all emergency equipment and facilities including, Incident Control Centre, Access Control Point, Re-Entry Preparation Area or Building Control Point are maintained in a constant state of readiness.
- Proactive in Continuous Improvement: Promote best practice within the function by, for example, actively participating in Operational Experience Feedback (OEF) briefs and implementing learning identified from other facilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in working in a regulated environment, be detail orientated, and able to work to stringent deadlines, whilst maintaining discretion at all times
- Experience of emergency planning in a major accident industry
- Experience of security decision making and security systems management
- Level 4 qualification (or equivalent experience) in an emergency planning or security discipline
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Nuclear Industries Security Regulations (NISR 2003) and its applicability
- To be appointed as Security Liaison Officer
- High levels of integrity and the confidence to challenge the behavior of others
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Ability to communicate key information both verbal and written with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- A thorough awareness of nuclear, conventional safety and security requirements applicable to their area(s) of responsibility
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.