Technical Support Assistant x2
The job has expired.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Assistant in the NNL Measurement and Analysis team. The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of laboratory work to time, cost, quality and safety requirements. In addition, complying with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
The position will primarily support customer projects by identification of requirements, providing experimental data, data analysis and technical report writing. Detailed work records are to be maintained in accordance with laid down procedures and instructions interpreted and followed resulting in a quality output, safely and to time.
The successful candidate will be required to work in fumehoods and gloveboxes, within an active area laboratory environment providing high quality analysis. As part of the role you will be expected to interface with other NNL capabilities ensuring cross-team communication.
This is an important role operating analytical methods in support of a wide range of projects which will require interaction with a range of internal and external customers. The successful candidate should have an HNC/HND in Chemistry (or similar) and have experience of working within a laboratory-based environment.
- Work alongside project/programme managers and customers to ensure that work is delivered to time, cost, quality and safety requirements.
- Able to work in a small team or on their own on projects.
- Complies with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
- Carry out work within the laboratory in accordance with laboratory safety procedures and instructions.
- Provision of analytical service to internal/external customers to agreed standards.
- Interprets instructions and produces good quality output safely and to time.
- Interface with other NNL capabilities.
- Keep abreast of developments in his/her field.
- Where appropriate, develop their skills and abilities for the benefit of themselves and the company.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum HNC/HND in Chemistry or a related discipline, preferably a BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Experience of working in chemistry laboratories.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work in teams.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.