Developing strong customer relationships that provide mutual benefit is a key requirement of the NNLs customer focused approach. These relationships need to be sustainable and long term, supporting the purpose of NNL to deliver nuclear science to the benefit of society. The role of the account director is to manage key accounts, focus on the relationship, and by this to deliver programmes that provide value to customers and NNL.
This account director role opportunity is focused on the Sellafield Ltd area of Retrieval and Remediation, which is a major and growing part of the Sellafield business.
This role requires regular travel to the Sellafield site but can be based anywhere in the North West. There is also the flexibility to work from home.
- Duty of care for all staff identified
- Generate new business through a relationship based sales approach
- Develop business case(s) to support internal investment/leverage
- Maintain pipeline of opportunities for account area
- Populate sales funnel
- Manage P&L for account area
- Submit bids in line with governance
- Pricing bids
- Management of growth budget
- Oversight of commercial negotiations and balance of risk profile vs price
Delivery to Customer Accountability
- Liaise between Sellafield Ltd Retrieval and Remediation customer and cross functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs
- Be the escalation point for customer issues
- Customer Relationship Accountability
- Nurture operational Sellafield Ltd Retrieval and Remediation customer accounts to develop long term relationships
- Proactively use of the End to End Sales approach
- Sharing of customer intelligence with relevant internal teams
- Implement cultural and business strategies associated with their account
- Demonstrate alignment of activities to NNL Values
The Ideal Candidate
- Track record in winning and growing existing customer business.
- Track record of nurturing customer relationships internally and externally.
- Proven account management or relevant experience.
- Detailed understanding of NNL skills and capability or demonstrated how have gained knowledge in previous role.
- Customer relationship management at senior operational level.
- Ability to understand a portfolio of projects, with the ability to adapt from strategy to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to engage stakeholders and build strong collaborative relationships
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Acts as a role model to NNL’s values and behaviours
- Successful preparation and delivery of business cases; influencing internal senior management.
- Demonstrable ability in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Proven ability to lead and inspire others to achieve goals
- Prioritisation of effort and activities based on customer expectations and NNL business outcomes
- Knowledge of the Sellafield Retrieval and Remediation business area
- Experience of upselling and growing areas including negotiation skills.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.