Facility Work Integration Lead x2 (Sellafield)
The NNL Integrated Planning team plays a vital part in supporting work delivery across NNL Facilities, this role will support that vision by ensuring work delivery and have major accountability for decision making to ensure work delivered is in line with company strategic demands.
The role requires a confident decision maker with experience of delivering work across complex facilities and resolving conflict whilst dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Leading day to day coordinated delivery of work across NNL Facilities.
- Manage on the ground schedule conflicts, and facilitate decision making to ensure work delivered is in line with the Business Strategy.
- Lead and direct Integrated Planners on the most effective delivery scenarios.
- Advise Plant operations on the co-ordination of a cross section of matrixed personnel (Operations, Maintenance, System Engineering, etc.) to ensure the schedule meets due dates, via enhancement of the Sales and Operational Planning process.
- Accountable for directing, managing, and initiating, corrective actions for work that is not meeting approved delivery milestones and suggesting and supporting resolution actions that meet business deliverables.
- Lead the direction of critical path activities including, supporting conflict resolution, procurement review, management directions and focus, and coordination of engineering and technical organisations, escalating where appropriate.
- Support facility operations by identifying and driving improvements across the business relating to Integrated Planning and Outage Management.
- Lead the operational facilities in effective Outage Delivery.
- Lead improvements to support facility and resource demand, through a sales and operational planning process.
- Support the NNL Risk Manager to report and lead the management of risks to the schedule, reasons, development, and application of risk assessments for Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA).
- Accountable for provision of schedule reporting and analysis to the Facility Lead Team.
- Lead LFE activities to advise the operational facilities on delivery improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Craft background or qualification, or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering multiple workstreams across complex environments.
- Capable of working without supervision to lead correct decision making.
- Demonstrable experience in taking on responsibility, and using initiative, to prioritise work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills at an operational level.
- Experience of Integrated Planning.
- Excellent demonstrable experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels to resolve conflict.
- Awareness and understanding of business needs, and their influence on programme delivery.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Customer centricity – strong customer focus both internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Drive, determination, confidence, enthusiasm and a willingness to propose alternatives to established approaches.
- Commitment to continuous improvement; willing to proactively make suggestions on potential developments.
- Experience of Outage Management.
- Experience of using professional risk management software (preferred not essential).
- Demonstrable Experience of leading the identification and mitigation of risks.
- Experience of working with Planning Software (Primavera P6/ MSP).
- Experience of Sales and Operational Planning.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.