This job has been closed.
The Technical Business Analysts (TBA) will act as an intermediary and bridge the gap between the business and technical delivery teams. Working with IT project teams and business clients, TBA will collect, clarify, and translate requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
The TBA may also provide project management for small scales technical projects and work packets.
The main responsibilities for the Business Analyst (Technology & Digital Change) will be:
- Manage requirements for complex software development, architecture, infrastructure and integration projects in a highly secure environment.
- Elicit and document requirements using industry standard techniques; interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Owning the business and or technical changes from conception through to delivery and handover to BAU.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop business cases to support the proposed solution.
- Analyse project proposals alongside solution architects and project managers to determine time frame, budget, risk, and the appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Feed into standard project artefacts such as project initiation documentation, project plans, risk and stakeholder’s matrices and business cases.
- Analyse, document and test (on occasion) program development, logic, process flows and specifications.
- Work with the business to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the Business Analyst (Technology & Digital Change):
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into technical requirements.
- Have proven experience working as a TBA within a technology delivery and infrastructure environment (Agile and Waterfall).
- Have proven experience of delivering requirements of a highly technical and or secure nature.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with sponsors, stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Able to clearly illustrate processes/ requirements clearly through business process mapping, use case modelling, activity diagrams etc.
- Familiarity of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated experience in writing application requirements and test specifications.
Desirable skills for the Business Analyst (Technology & Digital Change):
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Comfortable managing small scale projects to time and budget if required.
- Have previous technical experience.
- Be eligible for security clearance to SC level.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.