Senior Project Manager
The job has expired.
The role is to provide senior Project Management representation on complex projects (typically Class 3 & 4 projects) to ensure safe and successful delivery; line management of the regional Project Management personnel, and responsibility for leading the implementation / integration of PMA organisational functional initiatives and objectives.
- Line management and leadership responsibility for local office Project Manager (PM) resources to ensure that a high quality Project Management services are being delivered regionally.
- Provision of direction and leadership to ‘senior’ regional SPM team on matters relating to PMA operational initiatives, goals and NNL performance targets, including responsibility for ensuring adherence to PMA systems & processes, e.g. the project delivery framework.
- Provision of senior leadership on complex projects to ensure that they are delivered in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals, and objectives compliant with all relevant Client, NNL, EHSS&Q, regulatory and legal assurance requirements.
- Ensuring optimal performance of local offices (within region) in terms of utilisation & billability of personnel, training & development, and health & welfare of staff, etc., and provision of regular management information reports for senior level periodic PMA reviews.
- Ensuring that financial performance is managed to achieve maximum revenue and profitability of the project (supported by the Project Controls function).
- Support bid development, including designated authority for approval of delivery proposals, and allocation of resources, prior to works moving in to the delivery phase.
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D).
- Experience in a Project / Programme Management capacity.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and delivering medium-large scale / complex projects, in a Senior Project or Programme Management capacity.
- Demonstrable experience of change management and implementing this process in a complex programme.
- Demonstrable experience of Risk Management and implementing relevant industry best practise in a complex programme environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project delivery processes; life cycle management methodologies, and value adding tools, processes and practices.
- Experience of delivering a range of projects in a nuclear environment, ideally including technical, infrastructure, and capital projects, including installations; commissioning, and management of safety case and/or regulatory requirements.
- Experience of delivering projects under different contracting models, e.g. NEC, JCT, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership / mentoring / coaching.
- Strong understanding of typical project delivery procedures, tools protocols and systems within a nuclear environment or equivalent regulated industry.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.