Provide advice and support to line managers and employees for key people processes including pay and reward, recruitment and selection, succession planning / management, promotion, job evaluation, absence management and performance development. Location for the role will be flexible across the Northwest.
The main responsibilities for the HR Advisor will be:
- Provide HR advice, support and coaching to line managers and employees in line with NNL HR processes and policies.
- Support and/or lead Site, UK-wide and/or Global HR projects, initiatives or improvement activities.
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate staffing strategies to deliver business objectives and promote best practice in recruitment & selection methods.
- Develop, review and implement UK and local policies and procedures; helping others interpret and apply them as appropriate and ensuring compliance with current employment legislation.
- Support the business with and during key organisational change, transformation and/or site communication activities.
- Provide a customer focused, efficient & effective advisory service.
- Partner and work closely with the HR Support Team to provide support to managers and employees around HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with and contribute to risk management, governance and assurance processes in HR.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for HR Advisor:
- CIPD qualification or working towards.
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Self-confident with ability to proactively build relationships and initiate activities.
- Strong team working skills across a diverse HR team.
- Pragmatic approach to decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management skills and ability to drive things through to completion.
- PC Literate. Confident in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Up to date knowledge and application of HR disciplines.
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude to health, safety and security.
Desirable skills for HR Advisor:
- Experience of working within a nuclear environment.
- Knowledge of Business World.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.