Maintenance Delivery Manager
The job has expired.
The Maintenance Delivery Manager is a role within NNL, reporting to the Infrastructure Compliance Engineering Manager they are responsible for the safe effective and efficient delivery of Windscale Lab planned, preventative, breakdown and remedial maintenance. They will also be responsible for providing resources to customer and Capex projects as and when required. The Maintenance Delivery Manager will act as deputy for the Engineering Manager.
The main responsibilities for Maintenance Delivery Manager will be:
- Responsible for development of pragmatic fit-for-purpose engineering solutions that meet the objectives of the organisation in a cost-effective manner.
- Working alongside the Asset Management Function identify ownership of equipment and scope of maintenance to be managed with clear definition of boundaries.
- Line Management responsibilities for the Engineering Tech support and Team Leaders.
- Ensure the individuals and teams performing maintenance activities within Windscale Lab have appropriate skills and training.
- Support maintenance activities by ensuring their team are carrying out maintenance as per the technical basis of maintenance (TBoM) process, in addition they will assist with planning for complex maintenance activities based on insight and equipment experience.
- Accountable to the Engineering Manager for ensuring all maintenance tasks are clearly briefed, understood and are performed safely and on schedule to ensure safe operation of the facility.
- Comply with legislative, regulatory and company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security appropriate to the role.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of work complies with all site requirements and plant and personnel are operating within the safety envelope.
- Communicate with other line and support functions including PMA to develop and maintain the maintenance elements of the Central Integrated Plan.
- Implement standards, performance goals, measures and analyze maintenance delivery trends, these performance goals will also include remedial work and defect close out.
- Utilise the maintenance resources in a flexible manner to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and surplus resource is made available to customer and Capex projects.
- Establish and implement the appropriate controls for contract maintenance activities carried out with Windscale Lab.
- Responsible for investigating maintenance events to identify the root cause and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Lead and implement change improvements whilst ensuring the maintenance team adheres to Site requirements for the performance of maintenance activities (compliance with Site Licence Condition 28).
- Identify and implement changes to the maintenance delivery team to ensure the organisation remains aligned to best practices.
- Responsible for providing the maintenance input into the Windscale Engineering annual budget.
- Perform observations, inspections and self-assessment to ensure maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with NNL and Site standards, ensuring that learning and issues are acted upon and shared at appropriate levels.
- Responsible for ensuring maintainers are capturing the right level of information to ensure trending is possible and to assist in future Safety Case reviews.
- Responsible for managing performance, setting objectives which stretch the team, develop the team and ensure succession plans are in place for the team.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the Maintenance Delivery Manager
- Degree qualified or holds HND in an equivalent discipline, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of stated qualifications.
- A thorough awareness of nuclear, conventional safety and security requirements applicable to their area of responsibility.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate key information with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate conservative decision making, even in pressure situations.
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory experience for operations undertaken within a nuclear plant.
- Ability to interface on a technical level with Design and Capability teams.
Desirable skills for the Maintenance Delivery Manager
- Hold IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Requirement to become PMP Manager.
- Required to become appointed as Contractor Manager.
- Requirement to become appointed to an Emergency response role.
- Good general safety case awareness with demonstrable knowledge of nuclear safety mechanisms (SM), safety related equipment (SRE) and Safety Features (SF).
- Lead role in OCM/SL/ONR interventions/audits with regards relevant SLC for maintenance.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.