HR Business Partner
To work in partnership with a number of departments within the business and their senior leaders to drive the People and Organisation agenda, in addition to ensuring a quality Human Resources service is provided to support the Business goals.
Support the broader Human Resources agenda through providing specialist support to the wider Human Resources portfolio such as OD, resource and skills planning, reward, employee relations and policy. The location for this role can be flexible across the NNL sites in the North West
The main responsibilities for the HR Business Partner will be:
- Provision of timely and effective business partnering, supporting specific business areas with HR initiatives in alignment with the HR strategy.
- Influence leadership decision making and behaviours in line with HR policy, employment legislation and the company leadership and values frameworks
- Facilitates and supports organisational change, development, design and resourcing strategy development and implementation ensuring that the relevant HR process and employment legislation is adhered and make verses buy assessments are appropriately conducted.
- Support the Heads of Department with their skills and capability planning, ensuring that the required plans are in place and acted upon to build and develop the skills and capabilities that the business requires in the short, medium and long term to fulfil the business plan and strategic aims.
- Partner with relevant business teams to support the meeting of business targets.
- Partner with local trade unions to support a positive employee relations environment.
- Translate business requirements into effective HR practices, delivering people solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Support the business where appropriate in the selection and resourcing for roles up to a senior management level and approve the recruitment and grading of roles where required.
- Engage with the business for employee and leadership development and succession planning. Identify learning and development opportunities and support interventions from the framework provided.
- Manage a portfolio of employment cases (including disciplinary, grievance and performance support, attendance support and H&WB) with differing levels of complexity and ambiguity. Identification of risks (legal, financial and reputational) and the provision of advice to key stakeholders on alternative strategies.
- Supply the appropriate advice and consultancy service on the rights and obligations of NNL and its employees arising from the contract of employment and associated legislation.
- Champion the Health and Wellbeing agenda across customer areas ensuring that appropriate development and support is provided where needed.
- Lead small to medium HR improvement projects or support large projects linked with the HR plan.
- Support compliance with and contribute to risk management, governance and assurance processes in HR.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the HR Business Partner as follows:
- CIPD qualified – chartered.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the confidence to influence & challenge stakeholders and senior managers.
- Up to date knowledge and application in the workplace of employment law.
- Strong sense of commercial business awareness.
- Exceptional personal resilience.
- Experienced at partnering with the business with proven ability to manage a complex HR work including resource planning and skills planning and development.
- High levels of integrity, complimented by a can-do attitude.
- Strategically astute.
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude to health, safety and security.
- Demonstrate that you live our values – Safety – in everything we do; Customer –delivering value, sharing success; Integrity – doing the right things right; Taking responsibility – solving the problem, owning the solution; Enthusiasm – enjoying what we do , inspiring others; Collaboration – being inclusive, unleashing potential.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.