Maintenance Schedule Coordinator (PMS)
The job has expired.
The PMS Maintenance Schedule Coordinator controls and manages the delivery of both Central Laboratory & Windscale Laboratory’s Plant Maintenance Schedule (PMS) and the Normal Plant maintenance schedule to ensure continued compliance to all Nuclear regulation and Site License Conditions (specifically LC28) governing operating Nuclear plants.
They will also be responsible for line management duties of the Facilities Work Control Centre Operatives
The ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a regulatory environment, be detail oriented, and able to work to stringent deadlines.
The main responsibilities for the Maintenance Schedule Coordinator (PMS) will be:
- Responsible for ensuring that the PMS schedule (a subset of the Maintenance Schedule) identifies and prompts all routine Examination, Inspection, Maintenance & Testing (EIMT) on all assets affecting Nuclear Safety.
- Primary point of contact for creating new Systems Structures and Components (SSC’s) and service entries within the Plant Maintenance Schedule (PMS).
- Responsible for highlighting any issues that may become reportable to our regulators (internal and external) as soon as practicable to the Engineering Manager.
- Primary contact with the OCM, Regulators and all other stakeholders with regards to PMS associated issues.
- Responsible for identifying any EIM&T changes that occur from any updates to the Safety Case/Engineering Schedule.
- Responsible for managing systems that enable incorporation or deletion of the above items into/from the Plant Maintenance Schedule.
- Responsible for managing the PMS & Engineering Schedule and ensuring authorisation is gained from the relevant signatories (OCM/Engineering Manager).
- Responsible for managing implementation of all SSC’s within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for distribution of a weekly PMS/Normal plant report around key stakeholders highlighting status and planned work for the week ahead.
- Responsible for producing and managing the monthly Engineering Dashboard for both Central and Windscale Labs where issues arise, they are responsible for advising the Engineering Managers of significance and likely target date for reinstatement.
- Responsible for maintaining a 12 week lookahead to assist with the integrated plan for the scheduling of maintenance tasks.
- Responsible and accountable for controlling all MTE (Measurement and Test Equipment) at both Central and Windscale labs.
- Responsible for appointing and auditing CERP’s across both sites. Ensuring coverage of appointed people is maintained across both sites.
- Responsible for line management duties of the Facilities Work Control Centre Operatives:
- Responsible for analysing the resource requirements of their team, provide forecasts of manning levels to ensure both Facilities have adequate Works Control cover.
- Issue and communicate safety documentation/information to their team.
- Responsible for producing and communicating development plans for all team members and take action to ensure they are being delivered.
- Comply with legislative, regulatory and company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security appropriate to the role.
- Responsible for ensuring that team and individual training takes place to agreed standards and timescales.
- Attend any forums as appropriate to keep abreast of best practice around other facilities, responsible for sharing and implementing any learning around their facility.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the Maintenance Schedule Coordinator (PMS):
- Knowledge of Plant Operations across Central and Windscale Labs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the operational and maintenance requirements associated with their area of control.
- In depth demonstrable knowledge of both Central and Windscale Safety Case.
- Demonstrable knowledge of nuclear Safety Mechanisms (SM), Safety Related (SR) and Safety Features (SF).
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Requirement to become appointed as a PMS Coordinator.
- Requirement to become appointed as Senior CERP (Calibrated Equipment Responsible Person).
- Computer literate, particularly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable skills for the Maintenance Schedule Coordinator (PMS):
- Understanding of SLC, specifically SLC28.
- Evidence of line management experience.
- Budgetary experience.
- Ability to interface with both Safety Case and Engineering teams.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.