Electrical Team Leader
The job has expired.
The Electrical Team Leader is responsible for the Control and Supervision of the maintenance team ensuring they carry out safe, quality, and efficient maintenance/breakdown activities with their area of responsibility.
The main responsibilities for the Electrical Team Leader will be:
- Responsible for distributing team workload, organizing the team in response to unplanned events, manage workload across the team.
- Responsible for analysing the resource requirements for emerging work, provide forecasts of manning levels due to absences etc.
- Ensure that instructions, materials, tools and equipment required by the team are available.
- Issue and communicate safety documentation/information to their team.
- Responsible for producing and communicating development plans for all team members and take action to ensure they are being delivered.
- Accountable to the Maintenance Delivery Manager for ensuring all maintenance tasks are clearly briefed, understood and performed safely and on schedule to ensure safe operation of the facility.
- Comply with legislative, regulatory and company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security appropriate to the role.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of work complies with all site requirements and plant and personnel are operating within the safety envelope.
- Ensure effective handover and hand back arrangements are in place with Technical Support Team.
- Liaise with Electrical Engineer on any plant upgrades or improvements, ensuring that any improvements/upgrades are adequately maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that team and individual training takes place to agreed standards and timescales.
- Attend any forums as appropriate to keep abreast of best practice around other facilities, responsible for sharing and implementing any learning around their facility.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the Electrical Team Leader:
- Electrical Craft Apprenticeship
- A thorough awareness of nuclear, conventional safety and security requirements applicable to their area of responsibility
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory experience for operations undertaken within a nuclear plant
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate key information with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate conservative decision making, even in pressure situations
- Demonstrable knowledge of operational & maintenance requirements
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience
- Requirement to become appointed as Task Supervisor
- Required to become PMP Manager
- Requirement to become appointed as Sub Contractor Supervisor
Desirable skills for the Electrical Team Leader:
- Hold IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent as a minimum qualification
- Requirement to become Authorised Person Electrical
- Good general safety case awareness with demonstrable knowledge of nuclear safety mechanisms (SM), safety related equipment (SRE) and Safety Features (SF)
- Ability to interface on a technical level with Design and Capability teams
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.