IT Business Readiness Specialist
The job has expired.
The IT Business Readiness Specialist will be responsible for taking a holistic approach to gathering, analysing, evaluating, and embedding change, in line with business objectives. They will ensure that the business is ready, willing, and able to accept change; so that all stakeholder & business expectations are met.
The main responsibilities for the IT Business Readiness Specialist will be:
- Overall, end to end responsibility for IT Business Readiness Activities at a project and programme level.
- Working closely with the Portfolio Delivery Lead, PMO lead and wider delivery team to act as a conscience for the business.
- Develop, refine, and manage Business Readiness Processes to aid safe adoption of new Technology, Systems, Processes, Product Releases, and updates.
- Undertake change impact analysis and develop deployment plans that consider the impact of change on the end user.
- Develop appropriate communication plans, help define training needs, and post go live support models to ensure that the change deployed is sustainable, and embedded.
- Assessing and advising on business readiness to Change and identifying Business Change impacts arising from Change, to minimise business disruption and escalating where appropriate.
- Working with Change benefit owners / key stakeholders to ensure benefits are clearly defined, agreed, measured and achieved during the entire project lifecycle.
- Champion of the Change Management process for IT, ensuring that knowledge of change processes is communicated to business stakeholders, as and when required.
- Ensuring roll-back plans are available and executable.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the IT Business Readiness Specialist:
- Demonstrable experience in a Business Readiness Role within IT.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritising tasks, shifting priorities in accordance with fluctuating workloads and deadline pressures.
- ITIL certified is desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable managing multiple third party and external industry, regulatory and statutory stakeholders, and obligations.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of technical IT disciplines.
- Familiar with project / programme management methodologies (for example APMP, MSP).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, business impact and business change with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Be eligible for security clearance to SC level.
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations and a full UK Driving licence.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.