Project Engineer CEI
The role of a Project Engineer CEI is to undertake the delivery of engineering design, construction and commissioning packages to the required time, cost and quality under director of senior engineers. To provide skilled engineering support in their discipline. May supervise a number of smaller installation projects or minor sub contracts. Responsible for taking the lead in control of NNL sub contractors working on Springfield's Site.
- Production of design, installation and commissioning deliverables (e.g. drawings, reports, calculations, commissioning documents) to agreed standards of safety, cost, quality and time.
- Provide advice and guidance on issues appropriate to their discipline.
- Keep abreast of developments in their discipline.
- Develop the skills of others for the benefit of the company.
- Contribute to the development and application of appropriate technical and managerial processes and systems in their work area, under supervision.
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and processes applicable to the role
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Project Engineer CEI:
- Graduate (min 2:2) in relevant engineering discipline with demonstrable installation commissioning experience OR lower professional qualification e.g. BTEC typically gained through apprenticeship with demonstrable engineering experience.
- Familiar with application of engineering theory in relevant discipline.
- Familiar with construction and commissioning stages on Nuclear Sites.
- Working knowledge of national and international codes, specifications and standards.
- Ability to achieve SC Clearance.
Desirable Criteria for Project Engineer CEI:
- Familiar with engineering design stages and processes (design reviews, HAZOPs)
- Familiar with drawing practice in relevant discipline
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.