The job has expired.
To provide assistance to the E&I engineering team for maintenance & breakdown issues and internal/external customer projects. This will ensure the efficient operations of the facility.
The main responsibilities for the role of Electrical Craft will be:
- Carry out electrical installation work o current standard of BS7671
- Carry out electrical installation inspection and testing – new installations, alterations & additions, and periodic inspection reports.
- Perform routine examination / inspection / maintenance and testing on plant and equipment.
- Perform breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Provide support to project and improvement work.
- Provide support to the facility in the installation, modification, and commissioning of plant equipment.
- To follow, complete and update maintenance instructions.
- Provide detailed feedback on maintenance tasks via CMMS.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the role of Electrical Craft:
- Time served recognised apprenticeship in an Electrical/Instrumentation engineering discipline.
- Experienced working to a safe system of work.
- MEWP operator.
- Recognised qualification for inspection and testing (City & Guilds or EAL)
- 8th Edition Wiring regulations.
- DSEAR/ATEX experience desirable.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.