The job has expired.
Job Description for Commercial Manager:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
Provision of expert support to Customer Experience, Delivery Operations and Strategy Science Innovation teams to ensure robust commercial practises to help secure and deliver the right opportunities both within the UK and overseas. This support may also include future opportunities in Advanced Nuclear Technology, Clean Energy, Environmental Restoration, Health & Nuclear Medicine and Security & Non-Proliferation.
This expert advice will create value, maximise earnings to reinvest whilst safeguarding NNL’s commercial interests to ensure business objectives are achieved through a fantastic end-to-end customer experience.
The location for this role is flexible.
Main responsibilities for Commercial Manager:
- Lead the development and implementation of commercial strategies with identified customer(s) / Focus Area(s) together with supporting the overall Commercial strategy to create value and safeguard commercial interests
- Negotiate robust commercial contracts
- Manage the commercial deal structure – risks and opportunities
- Develop underpinning cost and price models (KPIs, rebates etc)
- Ensure bids and sub-contract requirements are understood and underpinned as appropriate
- Ensure relevant sales contract requirements are flowed down the supply chain
- Ensure appropriate on contract & post contract support to secure contract changes in a timely manner and maximise earnings to reinvest
- Financial authority as defined by corporate governance
- Focus on contribution and cash conversion
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Commercial Manager:
- Track record of successfully securing and managing complex, strategic, high value/risk commercial contracts
- Successful track record of building internal/external relationships and ability to manage these stakeholders effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications
- Very commercially focussed with an understanding of the operations which impact a business and how risk is managed optimally for the sometimes opposing needs of the Business and Customers
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment to demanding deadlines
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Understanding of, and ability to critically appraise, estimates and programmes
- Degree qualified or professional qualification in Procurement, Finance, Legal or related Professional Services discipline
- Ability to achieve SC level clearance
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.