This job has been closed.
Job Description for Innovation Co-ordinator:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
Support the delivery and management of NNL’s innovation portfolio, promoting an innovative culture across the business to ensure NNL can deliver nuclear science that benefits society.
The location is flexible, can be based in Warrington or Workington.
Main Responsibilities for Innovation Co-ordinator:
- Assess ideas and award funding to commercially viable opportunities submitted from within NNL
- Support the Head of Innovation in commercialising viable technologies
- Administer top-down challenges from initial engagement with the challenge holders through to successful project delivery
- Perform benchmarking of technologies against the state of the art
- Report innovation statistics to stakeholders
- Maintain the Innovation database, keeping an accurate track of projects and initiatives
- Facilitate innovation workshops to enthuse and drive an innovative culture
- Generate internal communications and build relationships across the business to drive engagement with NNL’s Innovation agenda
- Create and support initiatives which benefit the wider company and foster a spirit of collaboration
- Deliver projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives compliant with all relevant requirements
- Identify external innovation challenges and funding which colleagues can apply for
- Support developing partnerships between NNL and 3rd parties, working with fellow Professional Services colleagues as required
- Represent Innovation and contribute to developing the companies new Focus Areas
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Innovation Co-ordinator:
- Understanding of the nuclear industry and how it links to the wider energy sector
- Ability to work flexibly and see the potential in technologies which could be adopted, including those from other sectors
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain BPSS level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment and criminal record checks)
Desirable Criteria for Innovation Co-ordinator:
- Experience in a similar role or previous experience of commercialising technologies
- Understanding of innovation practices
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.