Health Physics Assistant Team Leader
The job has expired.
Job Description for Health Physics Assistant Team Leader:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Health Physics Assistant Team Leader will oversee the daily activities of the local Health Physics teams to ensure compliant and successful delivery of compliance, maintenance and production operations.
To fulfil a number of related key safety appointments for their local facility and liaise with relevant stakeholders to provide pertinent radiological safety advice for the safe delivery of all relevant operations.
Main Responsibilities for Health Physics Assistant Team Leader:
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Contractor Supplied Worker Health Physics surveyors
- Deploy the Health Physics Team to meet NNL and Site statutory and production requirements
- Provide advice in the area of radiological protection, referring upwards where appropriate and as agreed
- Produce internal reports, presentations and data in an understandable manner in order to support NNL management of its on-site facilities
- Work with other specialists (e.g. Advisors and Analysts) to share findings and identify trends to develop a holistic picture of issues, concerns, good practice and areas for improvement in EHSS&Q culture and performance
- Ensure that the specialist advice provided is proportionate and ensures compliance with NNL & external requirements
- To follow through on advice provided, to ensure that it is implemented in a way that provides a suitable solution to the original problem identified
- Undertake functional assurance activities (Task Observations, Self-audit and other self- assessments) in order to support and promote wider NNL EHSS&Q
- Deliver training to Health Physics, Operations and Production team members as appropriate
- Provide an emergency response for Health Physics matters
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Health Physics Assistant Team Leader:
- Health Physics experience
- Level 2 NVQ Radiation Protection or equivalent
- Level 3 NVQ Radiation Protection or equivalent (this is desirable; additional training will be provided if not held)
- Experience in EHSS&Q and related compliance environments or experience of delivering work in radiological environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017, Environmental Permitting Regulations (Amended) 2011 & Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency)
Desirable Criteria for Health Physics Assistant Team Leader:
- On-plant experience in a Health Physics environment
- Team Leader experience either directly or as a deputy
- Experience of NNL Central Lab, Windscale Operations or equivalent Sellafield plant
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent Health and Safety training
- Good influencing, presentational, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and an interest in the law and the ability to interpret regulations
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.