Technical Business Analyst (FTC - 12 months)
The job has expired.
Job Description for Technical Business Analyst:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The ideal candidate will undertake and apply business analysis on corporate business projects, small change and other change initiatives throughout the full project lifecycle ensuring that both business and project objectives are realised within agreed timescales and budgets.
Main Responsibilities for Technical Business Analyst:
- Business Analysis Planning - Defining the business analysis approach to be used and managing the BA activities and deliverables throughout the lifecycle. This includes agreeing the format and level of the deliverables to be produced and the production of estimates to support the Business Analysis plan.
- Requirements Development - Ensuring that all stakeholders needs are captured. Undertake a process of analysis, elaboration and prioritisation of stakeholders needs. Clearly present requirements to allow stakeholders to provide sign off and the project development team to deliver a solution that meets the needs of the stakeholders.
- Requirements Management - Ensuring that from Scoping to Implementation, there is clear traceability of business objectives through requirements to the design and via testing to the implemented solution. Change control applied to any requirements changes to ensure that stakeholders remain in agreement on the solution scope.
- Solution Assessment and Validation - Ensuring that the proposed solution meets the business objectives and challenging where this appears not to be the case. This includes review of the design, analysis to understand the impacts of design decisions on requirements and communication to the PM in the first instance.
- Asset Fact Find - Undertake fact find meetings / workshops with business resources to understand the IT and OT (operational technology) assets within the Standalone estate - What they are / How they are used / Criticality etc. Design templates to gather and share this information consistently. Use appropriate methods to fact find for example process maps, As is / To be, use cases.
- Fact Find actions - Populate risk treatment plans for each asset and present to stakeholders.
- Remediation activities - Assist in prioritising asset remediation activities.
- Other - Event Facilitation, Workshop Management, Project Manager activity support, Co-ordinate testing activities - Analyse and report test activities and results, Lead User Acceptance Testing.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Technical Business Analyst:
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into technical requirements.
- Have proven experience working as a TBA within a technology delivery and infrastructure environment.
- Have proven experience of delivering requirements of a technical and or secure nature.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with sponsors, stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Able to clearly illustrate processes / requirements clearly through business process mapping, use case modelling, activity diagrams etc.
- Familiarity of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated experience in writing application requirements and test specifications.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Technical Business Analyst:
- ISEB Business Analysis Certifications.
- Experience with Operational Technology is advantageous.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.