Mechanical Craft Person
The Mechanical Craft Person is responsible for carrying out safe, quality and efficient maintenance/breakdown/project activities within NNL’s facilities. They shall ensure all activities are being undertaken in a safe and compliant manner.
- Perform routine EIM&T on maintainable assets.
- Perform breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Provide support to project, development and improvement work.
- Provide support to the facility in the installation, modification and commissioning of rigs and installed equipment.
- Ability to carry out Crane Maintenance with minimal supervision
- Capable of becoming nominated for Process Plant & Equipment Isolations
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served recognised apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in maintenance of process plant and equipment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and work with maintenance documentation
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.