Human Factors Consultant
A Human Factors Consultant is required to join our Safety Engineering & Assessment team at National Nuclear Laboratory. This role will require leading the Human Factors input into allocated projects, delivering tasks and developing strong customer and other stakeholder relationships.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks that will ensure that Human Factors is fully integrated into the lifecycle of current and future projects. This will include, but is not limited to, scoping the work to be carried out, supporting the development of design to ensure the adequate consideration of Human Factors good practice, working with Safety Assessors to ensure the safety cases they build pay due consideration to the limitations of human performance as well as completing reports to substantiate the human designations in the safety case.
The Human Factors team may also complete contracts with external customers.
- Lead the Human Factors input into allocated projects
- Technically deliver tasks to meet time, cost, quality, value and service requirements
- Apply and improve on applied Human Factors methodology
- Maintain a learning attitude and keep up to date with developments in the field of Human Factors
- Advise on good Human Factors practice
- Represent Human Factors interests in meetings
- Interact with customers and other stakeholders with support from senior colleagues when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in relevant discipline (preferably Psychology or Ergonomics) or have equivalent experience
- A willingness to seek to understand complex operations
- A flexible approach to tackling problems
- An ability to interact well with both plant-based personnel and senior management
- An ability to work well in a team
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- A willingness to explore innovative solutions to Human Factors problems
- Previous experience in a hazardous, process-based industry
- Experience in project delivery within Human Factors
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials