Senior Security Advisor
The job has expired.
The Senior Security Advisor is a position of responsibility within NNL and a subject matter expert in nuclear security. The Senior Security Advisor manages the security requirements of NNLs facilities within their areas of responsibility, identifying threats and vulnerabilities, and ensuring adequate arrangements are in place for the protection of nuclear and radiological material and commercial interests in support of NNL’s operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a regulated security environment and will have knowledge of legal requirements associated with security of the nuclear sector. They will have experience of identifying and implementing security arrangements and supporting the development of a strong security culture.
The duties of the Senior Security Advisor include but are not limited to:
- Identify treats, vulnerabilities and assets for their area(s) of responsibility
- Carry out risk management reviews
- Develop and implement arrangements to mitigate risks identified
- Develop working relationships with stakeholders including; operations, host sites and emergency services
- Manage regulatory relationship including; reporting of events, updates on progress of security improvements and
- Support NNL; emergency preparedness and response, and business continuity arrangements
- Enhance the NNL security culture through improvements to awareness and education
- Maintain knowledge of nuclear security legislation and best practice
- Support the Safety & Security Manager in the development and implementation of Pan-NNL initiatives
- Manage security budget for their area(s) of responsibility and where required produce business cases for further improvement
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with stakeholders and manage regulators
- Experience of working in a security environment
- Good communication skills (both written & oral).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Developed vetting (DV) or the ability to achieve this
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Chartered member of the Security Institute
- Degree or HNC in relevant discipline
- Experience in emergency or business continuity planning
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials