Lead Project Management Office Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead PMO Analyst to join the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) Project Management Office (PMO) function based at NNL’s Birchwood Park office on a 2-year fixed term contract basis. (Some UK-wide travel will be required in role)
The Project Management Office (PMO) forms part of a wider Project Management Authority (PMA) and is responsible for all aspects of project delivery governance; controls; standards, and assurance across the full delivery lifecycle. The primary responsibilities of the PMO centre around the establishment of governance and assurance procedures and processes to ensure adequate controls are in place, embedded and being adhered to, to ensure that the delivery of NNL projects is achieved successfully, and in a safe and secure manner to the levels of quality expected.
In the Lead PMO Analyst role you will be primarily responsible for supporting the £46m BEIS Nuclear Innovation Programme. Managing a wide-ranging programme structure co-ordinating PMO activities across internal, joint external and supply chain workstream activities as well as liaise with BEIS PMO
This Lead PMO Analyst role requires knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques in assisting with project governance, audit and initiatives. You'll provide advice and guidance to project resources to ensure compliance with internal and client governance processes and you'll also interface with internal and external programme stakeholders for E2E project delivery and governance.
1. Establish, implement, embed and maintain PMO governance processes, tools and guidance to ensure effective management of project / programme delivery, risk, change and reporting.
2. Establish (where required) a common standard of policies and procedures to monitor and govern project delivery including the development of KPIs.
3. Maintenance and ownership of the programme roadmap and individual project plans.
4. Ownership of the programme documentation.
5. Risks & Issues - including ownership of all RAID logs.
6. Team meetings/ project boards facilitation, actions taking and follow ups.
7. Programme Admin.
8. Speaking to a variety of different stakeholder.
9. Act as a conduit between all key stakeholder groups managing risk and governance matters as required. risk and governance.
10. Production of high-quality documentation, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
11. Participate (where required) and support the PMs in producing relevant reports for various reporting events.
12. Manage and develop members of the PMO team.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Experience
• Governance background important
• Finance background or qualification
• Pragmatic experience in project management frameworks, methodologies and tools.
• Project Governance experience.
Skills & Behaviour
• A proactive self-starter who is able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the programme and project managers, the wider team, stakeholders from across the programme and NNL business as requested.
• Experienced and confident who can hit the ground running who requires no hand holding. Someone who can communicate clearly.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong people and influencing skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials