Infrastructure Support Engineer
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT in the NNL will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team which is well positioned to meet the changing requirements of the NNL.
NNL have in-sourced IT infrastructure and services There is a requirement for a 3rd line infrastructure support engineer to support the day to day management and operation of the new infrastructure including Server Patching, Monitoring and providing 3rd line support to field engineers via service management process.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will be required to:
- Perform daily infrastructure checks and monitoring;
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to support the stabilization of the environment via service management tools;
- Ensure corporate data is secure and available;
- Project support work;
- Work within a regulated environment maintaining security standards;
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues (SOC/NOC); and
- Take a proactive approach to continually improving the performance and security of the infrastructure
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will have:
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national;
- A broad understanding of Windows Server 2012-2016 Administration and maintenance, AD/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy;
- Experience of enterprise grade software deployment and patching (SCCM);
- Experience with enterprise device encryption and antimalware products;
- A demonstrable track record of fulfilling a similar role;
- Relevant technical accreditations (Microsoft, Cisco desirable but not essential;
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (troubleshooting Switch/routing);
- Experience with enterprise Virtualization Platforms (VMware/HyperV);
- Administration Experience of Azure & Office 365;
- Experience and understanding of backup routines and technologies;
- Firewall / VPN experience desirable but not essential; and
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused attitude with excellent organisational skills.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials