Radiological Safety Consultant
The job has expired.
An opportunity exists for a proactive and motivated Radiological Safety Consultant to join the Safety Engineering & Assessment team within the Safety, Security and Safeguards (SSS) area of NNL. The successful candidate will join a strong existing team, delivering projects across a diverse internal and external portfolio of projects. There will be a need to be creative in the solutions provided, influential in shaping project outcomes and pragmatic in finding the best fit-for-purpose solution.
- The application of all aspects of Radiological Safety Assessment, delivering to time, cost, quality, value and service requirements.
- Interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders, as necessary, to effect the successful delivery of projects.
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams addressing safety and operability challenges.
- Contributing to the development of new SSS capabilities through innovative approaches and providing insight.
- Contribute to Regulator, stakeholder and customer relationships to improve team reputation and potential for new work to be brought in.
- Maintain technical awareness of both NNL and external competitors’ capabilities within the field.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the application of all aspects of Radiological Safety Assessment.
- Proven ability to act independently and under own initiative.
- Proven ability to solve complex customer problems.
- Strong communication skills, including multi-site working.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to influence and persuade to identify the appropriate course of action for NNL.
- Good networking skills.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Experience of Chemotoxic Safety Assessment
- Experience of specialist assessment techniques e.g. Internal/External Hazards, Fire Safety Assessment, etc.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.