Project Manager (NDA Contract)
The job has expired.
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Project Management Authority business area. The Project Manager, reporting in to the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Projects delivered on behalf of our external client.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of project related work including the establishment of project execution strategies; management of cross-functional project teams, and the safe and secure delivery of projects through the project life cycle, to time, cost and quality to achieve customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals, and objectives compliant with all relevant Client, NNL, regulatory and legal assurance requirements.
- Manage the interface with customers with respect to matters relating to potential new work opportunities, and the delivery of contracted work, ensuring that there are agreed communications and reporting methodologies in place.
- Engagement and management of a competent, effective and integrated Project Team, including management oversight , motivation and monitoring of the team’s performance; quality assurance; and addressing areas of under-performance.
- Inputting into the bid / sales process (for new work) as required, and assisting (when requested) in the preparation and coordination of NNL fee proposals and submissions.
- Provision of leadership; coaching, and support to other project team members as required.
- Development; maintenance, and management of Project Execution Procedures, and control documentation in line with the NNL ‘PMA project delivery framework’ to ensure that all work is delivered within approved project baseline; scope; cost; schedule, and quality constraints, and in a safe manner.
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D) or working towards.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Nuclear Project Management / delivery role.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and delivering small-medium scale / reasonably complex projects.
- Experience of using typical project management tools, processes & software.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Incl. MS Word, Excel, PPoint & Project / EPM).
- Experience of different contracting models, involving the management of commercial risks.
- Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project, EPM, Primavera P6, etc.
- Demonstrable financial acumen and experience of using financial monitoring & performance tools / processes.
- Experience of delivering EPC Projects in a Nuclear environment
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials