The job has expired.
The successful candidate will work within the existing communications team, contributing to existing strategy and plans and taking the lead on communications activities on a significant programme of innovation investment in the organisation.
The role will involve developing strategies, sourcing stories, creating compelling content and managing the communications road-map for the programme; and is crucial to raising awareness of and engagement with this programme of work across the business and with a broad range of external stakeholders across Government, Industry and international stakeholders.
ACCOUNTABILTIES (inc. responsibilities, authority, decisions)
- Develop a communications strategy for a significant programme of innovation investment in the organisation, which consistently inspires and delivers across all internal and external communication channels with a focus on innovation.
- Worth with key stakeholders to define clear communications messages and associated delivery strategies for the programme
- Deliver a timely programme of engagement and communication including events, communications, social media, workshops and seminars - to name a few.
- Ensure all relevant internal stakeholders are involved in message development and aware of the planned programme of activity
- Source stories and information related to the programme, and use these to prepare, select, design and implement the very best content across all internal and external channels; including SharePoint and our own external website
- Demonstrate effective engagement across internal and external channels through supporting impact measures.
- Ensure communications messages are consistent with other messaging from other areas of the organisation
- Ensure all communications messages are consistent and integrated across internal and external groups
- Contribute to the overall communications strategy and plans of the Communications department.
The Ideal Candidate
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS – e.g. technical skills
- A pro-active approach with the ability to hit the ground running and continue working at pace
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering strategic communications plans and campaigns
- Ability to define clear communication messages and ensure they are communicated consistently to a variety of internal and external audience groups.
- Excellent organisation skills and experience of managing communications roadmaps and plans
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with a natural ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience of leading, working and delivering in teams
- Experience of project management tools and frameworks – qualification desirable
- Previous experience of creating new communication channels and integrating them in the organisation
- Experience of delivering a variety of events and initiatives that motivate and engage colleagues and customers
- Web publishing and experience of using SharePoint and other web publishing tools
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of organising and recording both quantitative and qualitative analysis through relevant tools and focus groups.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials