The job has expired.
The successful candidate will undertake the delivery of engineering design, construction and commissioning packages to the required time, cost and quality under direction of senior engineers. They will provided skilled engineering support in his/her discipline.
The successful candidate may supervise a number of smaller installation projects or minor sub contracts and will be responsible for taking the lead in control of NNL sub contractors working on Preston Site.
- Production of design, installation and commissioning deliverables (e.g. drawings, reports, calculations, commissioning documents) to agreed standards of safety, cost, quality and time.
- Provide advice and guidance on issues appropriate to his/her discipline
- Keep abreast of developments in his/her discipline
- Develop the skills of others for the benefit of the company
- Contribute to the development and application of appropriate technical and managerial processes and systems in his/her work area, under supervision.
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and processes applicable to the role.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate (min 2:2) in relevant engineering discipline with typically more than 2 years installation commissioning experience OR lower professional qualification e.g. BTEC gained through apprenticeship) with typically 5-8 years engineering experience.
- Familiar with the application of engineering theory in relevant discipline
- Familiar with construction and commissioning stages on nuclear Sites.
- Working knowledge of national and international codes, specifications and standards.
- Familiar with engineering design stages and processes (design reviews, HAZOPs)
- Familiar with drawing practice in relevant discipline
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials