Buyer National Programmes (18 Months FTC)
To assist the Senior Buyer (National Programmes) with the procurement and contract management activity for NNL’s National Programmes work for BEIS which will include developing, implementing and managing a range of R&D contracts and agreements with third party suppliers.
- Work with the Account Management Team to develop and sign-off a Procurement Plan, identifying requirements for the delivery of work supporting the National Programme.
- Identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain and/or by making internal process improvements.
- Contribute to and lead where appropriate, negotiations / tender exercises.
- Place contracts and purchase orders within own delegated authority, ensuring the contract terms & conditions are appropriate and protect NNL and its customer from unnecessary risk.
- Liaise with Legal Team and other NNL Departments.
- Manage the contracts, ensuring KPI’s are monitored and managed appropriately, payments to third parties and claims for payments to NNL from the customer are timely and accurate.
- Assist in the collation and presentation of procurement-based reports.
- Assist individuals with issues and problems on a local site by site basis.
- Provide guidance / support to members of the Procurement team and broader NNL community.
- Provide assistance and support to the Procurement Managers within NNL as and when required.
- Meeting the targets and timescales set out in the Procurement Plan
- Production of procurement reports and analysis in line with periodic reporting.
- Use of appropriate terms & conditions.
- Responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Adhering to all legislative, regulatory and company procedures / standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) level 4 professional qualification.
- 3 years relevant experience in a procurement environment
- Ability to understand technical requirements.
- Experience of managing multiple contracts concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of Agresso
- General business and commercial experience
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.