Framework Manager (18 Months FTC)
The job has expired.
To lead the procurement and contract management of Strategic Framework Contracts, Innovation Partnerships and Dynamic Purchasing Systems which will support the business in increasing its agility in responding to commercial bids, supporting innovation and delivery operations. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, the role will require the postholder to manage multiple stakeholders across several locations, ensuring that the contractual solutions meet their requirements.
- Work with the Head of Procurement and Senior Stakeholders to identify key spend areas which would benefit from increased agility.
- Prepare and implement Sourcing Strategies, which increase the efficiency of those key spend areas by delivering the most effective contractual route for the category, whether this is through Framework Contracts, Innovation Partnerships, Dynamic Purchasing Systems, or other routes.
- Lead negotiations / tender exercises.
- Place contracts and purchase orders, ensuring the contract terms & conditions are appropriate and protect NNL and its customer from unnecessary risk.
- Liaise with Legal Team and other NNL Departments.
- Manage the suppliers and the contracts, ensuring KPI’s are monitored and managed appropriately.
- Identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain and/or by making internal process improvements to increase the efficiency of the contracts.
- Assist in the collation and presentation of procurement-based reports.
- Provide guidance /training and support to the NNL Contract Users.
- Provide assistance and support to the Procurement Managers within NNL as and when required.
- Meeting the targets and timescales set out in the Procurement Plan
- Production of procurement reports and analysis in line with periodic reporting.
- Use of appropriate terms & conditions.
- Responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Adhering to all legislative, regulatory and company procedures / standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or working towards a Professional membership.
- Relevant experience in a procurement or commercial environment.
- Relevant experience in managing bespoke/complex contracts which must include Framework Contracts.
- Demonstrable success in delivering financial and efficiency savings and wider business benefits.
- Able to work on own initiative, whilst adhering to PCR’s and NNL Procurement Policy & Process
- Ability to understand and challenge technical requirements.
- Experience of tendering, negotiating and managing multiple contracts concurrently.
- Able to evidence exceptional stakeholder management skills, managing disparate and conflicting views to a successful outcome.
- Experience in a variety of Forms of Contract, including Flowdown from Head Contracts and NEC3
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in Innovation Partnerships and Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- SC level clearance
- General commercial / business experience.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.