Planner (12 Months FTC)
The job has expired.
Development; management and ownership of project schedule data to deliver successful project outcomes within time, cost and quality requirements, including development of resource loaded Microsoft Project schedules; progress reporting; tracking of schedule risks, analysis of, and determination of mitigation / recovery strategies.
- Actively contribute to Project Management Office (PMO) and the Planning / Project Controls team continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
- The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the Senior Planning lead / Project Controller and/or the Project Manager.
- Ensure the all work is completed in line with NNL’s Project Controls framework and approved management processes, procedures and guidance.
- Provision of mentoring and coaching to Assistant Planner resources in the local team.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and Company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk and security etc. in the development of project plans.
- Work closely with ‘technical’ capabilities / representatives to identify Customer & internal NNL project deliverables; develop work breakdown structures and detailed resource-loaded project plans.
- Through liaison with sub‐contractors and Technical Leads collate periodic delivery performance data; complete updates to resource loaded project plans challenging updates where necessary to ensure robustness of information / feedback and therefore forecast plan.
- Provide progress updates as required and in accordance with any prescribed governance frameworks highlighting any risks and opportunities, and key variances as appropriate, and advise on recovery options if project delivery performance is not hitting targets (Schedule/Deliverables/Cost).
- Assist Project Managers in the development of programme and/or cost estimate information to support any ‘change control’ events, ensuring that all approved requests / events, and the impact of those, are clearly identified in subsequent re-baselined project schedules.
- Monitor critical path activities, and provide trend data (forecasts up to 3, 6 and 12 months look ahead); support to detailed cost and schedule reviews, and prompt and accurate information to the Project Manager.
- Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and knowledge management.
- Contribute to activities surrounding the development of ‘fragnet’ schedules and the maintenance of the NNL Planning database.
- Provide relevant information to support the Risk Management process on projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience of delivering Planning support services on a varied range of projects and/or programmes, and complexities, in nuclear / engineering / highly- regulated environments.
- Good working knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Enterprise Project Management (EPM) or MSP PPM / Project Online.
- Experience of utilising project collaboration software, e.g. Sharepoint, Project Webspace, etc.
- General understanding of technical delivery challenges typical in regulated environments.
- Excellent analytical, numeric and communication skills.
- Ability to converse with, and challenge, ‘technical’ disciplines, e.g. Engineers, Researchers, etc.
- Able to think critically using good judgement to challenge disciplines on resource estimates to produce robust output controls documentation.
- Ability to operate in a positive and proactive manner to engage a varied range of stakeholders as required
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.