The job has expired.
Project Manager reporting in to the AFCP Programme Manager and responsible for the delivery of projects delivered on behalf of BEIS. This involves scoping and managing work within Sellafield Active Laboratories and/or Preston Active Areas, including supporting development of new capabilities in our research laboratories.
Responsible for the successful delivery of project related work including the establishment of project execution strategies; management of cross-functional project teams, and the safe and secure delivery of projects through the project life cycle, to time, cost and quality to achieve customer satisfaction.
Candidates must be able to work under their own initiative delivering work in NNL active facilities across multi discipline teams. Delivery of the BEIS contracts requires the PM to deliver the technical work and be able to draw out and communicate the value for money and therefore underpin the delivery of the KPI’s.
- Delivery of projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals, and objectives compliant with all relevant client, NNL, regulatory and legal assurance requirements.
- Management and co-ordination of reporting across AFCP work packages, delivery of detailed monthly projects reports, including reporting on key BEIS KPI’s. Delivery of updates and weekly briefs to AFCP Programme Manager, ensuring that there are agreed communications and reporting methodologies in place.
- Engagement and management of a competent, effective and integrated project team, including management oversight, motivation and monitoring of the multi discipline, multi-site team’s performance; quality assurance; and addressing areas of under-performance. Manage the interface with customers with respect to matters relating to delivery of work.
- Inputting into the bid / sales process (for new work) as required and assisting in the preparation and coordination of NNL proposals and submissions.
- Provision of leadership; coaching, and support to other project team members as required.
- Development, maintenance, and management of project execution procedures, and control documentation in line with the NNL PMA project delivery framework to ensure that all work is delivered within approved project baseline; scope; cost; schedule, and quality constraints, and in a safe manner.
- Effective communication and dissemination of project information to the required stakeholders on timescale required and at the appropriate level.
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D) or working towards.
- Relevant experience in a highly regulated project management / delivery role.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and delivering large complex projects in a nuclear environment.
- Experience of using typical project management tools, processes & software.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Incl. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project / EPM).
- Experience of different contracting models, involving the management of commercial risks.
- Experience managing active area work at Central Laboratory or Preston Laboratory and understanding of the process to permission work within NNL active facilities.
- Experience of producing project reports including detail on relevant KPIs which are specifically tailored towards a variety of different audiences.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project, EPM, Primavera P6, etc.
- Demonstrable financial acumen and experience of using financial monitoring & performance tools / processes.
- Knowledge of AFCP BEIS contracts and experience of working with KPI driven contracts.
- Experience of overcoming delivery challenges within NNL active areas including engaging key stakeholders.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials