IT Security Officer
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT in the NNL will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team which is well positioned to meet the changing requirements of the NNL. To achieve this, there is a need for the IT team to engage more proactively with the business to understand exactly what is required and to create a clear roadmap to meet those requirements.
The ITSO will be responsible for ensuring day to day security objectives are met for all NNL information and operational technology. This will include managing third party suppliers, risk assessments and providing daily security advice to a variety of stakeholders.
The ITSO will be required to:
- Manage routine liaison with third party Security Operations Centre (SOC) provider;
- Monitor and act appropriately on routine SOC reports;
- Ensure that threats and vulnerabilities within the company’s technical landscape are identified quickly and communicated effectively;
- Act as the initial focal point for any incident response and escalation;
- Investigate any incidents involving the company’s information or operational technology systems;
- Undertake incident response planning, including formulation and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery Plans;
- Provide technical support relating to security controls to the IT team and to the wider business as required;
- Ensure that controls specified within system documentation and in wider company information security policies are implemented;
- Provide routine metrics to the company Head of IT, CISO and Accreditor on the secure performance of company systems;
- Support security education;
- Assist in the identification of risk and the risk escalation process;
- Manage the implementation of remedial actions highlighted by internal and external audits;
- Support ongoing company assurance activities;
- Support projects from a security architecture and design perspective;
- Provide day to day security governance within the IT Team; and
- Act as the company Crypto Custodian.
The Ideal Candidate
The ITSO will have:
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national;
- Experience working in a similar role;
- Experience of SIEM activities;
- Experience working in an IT or transformation environment (desirable);
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to communicate confidently with individuals at all levels both within and outside the organisation;
- An understanding of HMG Information Assurance Standards (desirable);
- Network+, Security+;
- CISSP, Certified CESG Practitioner, relevant SANS Courses or experience with SIEM products (desirable); and
- The ability to act on own initiative, work unsupervised and be a self-starter.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials