Technical Support Assistant (FTC to March 2022)
The job has expired.
Secondment from NNL to Sellafield Ltd analytical department to support a key customer to deliver analysis and maintain their analytical capability. There is a strong partnership between National Nuclear Laboratory and Sellafield Ltd along with shared interests in analytical capability at Sellafield Site and this secondment is an opportunity to a critical develop skills pipeline.
• Providing analysis in Sellafield Ltd Analytical Laboratory for up to 18 months.
• Learning additional skills relevant to the nuclear industry
• Building strong working relationships between NNL, our customer and colleagues.
• Developing the NNL/SL Collaboration.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum HNC/HND in Chemistry or a related discipline, preferably a BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline.
• Experience of working in chemistry laboratories.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable ability to work in teams.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.