Technology & Digital Change Business Analyst (FTC - 18 months)
The job has expired.
Business Analysts (BA) will act as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community. Working with IT project teams and business clients, Business Analysts will collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
The Business Analyst may also provide project management for small scales projects and work packets.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the current IT solutions and work with key stakeholders in the business to identify new requirements or opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for working with business and technology partners to elicit, analyse, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements.
- Responsible for the documentation of as is and to be processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop business cases to support the proposed solution.
- Analyse project proposals alongside solution architects and project managers to determine time frame, budget, risk, and the appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Feed into standard project artefacts such as project initiation documentation, project plans, risk and stakeholder’s matrices and business cases.
- Analyse, document and test (on occasion) program development, logic, process flows and specifications.
- Work with the business to conduct user acceptance testing
- Document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures
- Assist in the coordination of project resources when necessary to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements
- Ability to support the business in the creation of compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- Able to clearly illustrate processes/ requirements clearly through business process mapping, use case modelling, activity diagrams etc.
- Familiarity of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated experience in writing application requirements and test specifications
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrable blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills.
- Comfortable managing small scale projects to time and budget if required.
- Have extensive Business Analyst experience;
- Be eligible for security clearance to SC level.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.