Assistant Project Manager
The job has expired.
The Project Manager will be accountable for delivering projects safely and to the agreed level of quality, schedule and cost in a manner that complies with the NNL’s defined delivery framework and full compliance with all NNL policies.
Within NNL, Project Managers are required to be flexible and will have opportunity to manage a wide variety of projects, in different areas of the nuclear sector. Initially, projects will be associated with one of our key customers, Sellafield Ltd, across several value streams, but initially with focus on the Retrievals area.
• Ensuring adequate health and safety arrangements are in place at all times for all project team members and for sub-contracted work
• Ensuring delivery meets time, cost and quality objectives
• Overseeing the management of projects throughout the project lifecycle from kick-off through to close-out and ensuring adherence to contract, procedures and use of control documents
• Ensuring that staff are suitably qualified, competent and experienced to fulfil their roles
• Acting as a direct interface with Customers for all project delivery issues
• Delivery of projects to agreed CPI and SPI indices, deliverables or other defined targets
• Achieving Safety, Quality, Environmental and Health related performance targets against delivery of all NNL project work
• Ensure suitable planning arrangements to support commercial bids and subsequent delivery of contracts
• Establishing, monitoring and managing risks through Risk Registers for all project work, including the management of Contingency
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
• Extensive experience within an industrial environment, preferably nuclear.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver within a team environment.
• Proven excellent customer relationship skills.
• Ability to deal with people across a wide range of management levels and technical expertise, including external organisations, plant management and commercial functions.
• Proven record of problem solving and the ability to negotiate solutions to allow safe and efficient operations.
• Proven track record in delivering complex research based projects to time, cost and quality.
• Ability to travel between sites/customers (Full Driving Licence Essential).
• Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D).
• Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project
• Demonstrable financial acumen and experience of using financial monitoring & performance tools / processes.
• Use of Microsoft Office – Work, Excel, Power-point
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.