Human Factors Team Manager
The job has expired.
Provide team leadership of the Human Factors capability area, including developing/implementing strategy and management of the people/workload/delivery of Human Factors support to projects to time, cost and quality.
Utilise and enhance own technical skills within the Human Factors area, support development of team members’ skills and capabilities and lead activities in support of the development of NNL's national reputation in the Human Factors area.
• Leadership of the Human Factors team and capability area, including line management responsibilities.
• Responsibility for the development and implementation of the strategy for the Human Factors area.
• Use expert knowledge of Human Factors to develop the level and type of support provided by the team.
• Oversee the delivery of projects in the Human Factors area to time, cost, quality, value and service requirements, including management of relationships with the Regulator, Laboratory Managers, Projects/PMA, Compliance, Operations Control Managers and other designated safety roles.
• Lead the identification and development of new opportunities for the team, including support to bids.
• Use initiative to develop new capabilities through innovative approaches and providing insight.
• Maintain awareness of both NNL and external competitors’ capabilities within the broader Human Factors safety area. Identify best practice to improve the team.
• Membership of relevant national industry groups.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience (academic and work experience required for the role)
• Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability.
• Line Management experience.
• SQEP 3 with extensive experience in Human Factors.
• Preferably Chartered Membership of a professional institution.
• Proven ability to act independently, under own initiative, while supervising other members of team.
• Strong communication skills, including multi-site working.
• Excellent teamworking skills, with ability to inspire the work of a team.
• Experienced in mentoring and developing technical skills.
• Excellent networking skills to maintain network across the Human Factors field nationally.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.