Lead Field Support Engineer (FTC - 18 months)
The Lead Field Support Engineer is responsible for the day to day management of the Field Support Engineer team including coaching and development through regular in the work cross site support, as well as maintaining their own Field Support Workload.
The Lead Field Support Engineer will also be responsible for team collaboration with Lead Service Desk Analyst & Infrastructure engineer to resolve escalations and drive cross function improvements.
- Supports the Service Delivery Manager in defining the appropriate standards, policies and procedures for which service operates
- Accountable for day to day management of the field support engineer team – providing team support, 121s, task management, resource management, approvals etc.
- Technical Expertise - Point of expertise for the team to resolve complex queries, whilst acting as a bridge between Tier 1 and Tier 3 support. Provision of knowledge transfer/training to team members where appropriate
- Accountable for pro-actively improving processes & the production of technical documentation for Field Support & Service Desk
- Responsible for monitoring of Field Support performance and MI reporting to the Service Delivery Manager for upwards reporting
- Responsible for developing cross site IT presence (including active areas) to ensure IT visibility and resilience for meeting user requirements
- Supports Packaged application creation, testing and deployment
- Supports asset management - CMDB update and maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Eligible and competent working in SC environment
- Demonstrable years technical support, engineering and troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrable years of experience in leading a technical support team.
- Experience in working of Tier 3 Operational Support
- Experience working in a secure, accredited or regulated environment
- Advanced problem-solving skills using a range of sources and methods
- Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, face to face, IM and other remote access methods
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Ability to document standard fixes to a good standard
- Familiarity with Skype for Business for messaging, voice and video conferencing
- Full driving license as travel between sites will be required
- Microsoft technologies including Office (2010, 2013, 2016), Office 365, Skype, SharePoint (desirable)
- Standard Build, Creation and Maintenance
- LAN, WAN, VPN and RAS
- SCCM administration (basic level)
- AD and O365 Administration (Account Creation, Security, Permissions)
- TCP/IP and VOIP with a working knowledge of Cisco systems
- Directory Services (AD, AAD, LDAP)
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.