Assistant Accountant (FTC - 12 Months)
NNL is accredited as a CIMA Training Quality Partner
To provide financial support across the professional services work boundary and ensuring that NNL complies with Statutory reporting requirements.
• To support the development of quick, accurate and accessible management information for all key stakeholders with a range of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
• To support the production of accurate management accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet, cost centre reports and variance analysis.
• To prepare and process general ledger journals as defined by the Corporate Finance Manager, ensuring accounting records are accurately maintained and routine monthly reporting timetable is met.
• To complete defined Balance Sheet Reconciliations as part of the month end process ensuring reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
• To be responsible for posting company One card payments
• Being the first point of contact to any banking and one card queries, also uploading all weekly BACS payments and processing all banking transactions
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
• Part Qualified Level (AAT, CIMA or ACCA)
• Very strong excel skills and ability to work with large quantities of data essential.
• Strong communicator, able to elicit information from stakeholders at all levels.
• MS Office
• Knowledge of major Finance ERP systems (Aggresso would be a bonus).
• Must be diligent and use own initiative to resolve issues.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the finance team and across the business.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.