The job has expired.
Recognised as the point of asset management expertise for a facility, the role provides analysis and insight across the asset base to maximise the potential value of the facilities over the lifetimes of the assets. They directly influence and integrate inputs from external stakeholders and diverse business functions to identify and recommend the optimum whole life interventions for a facility, providing direct input into facility maintenance and capital expenditure plans.
This role can be based at either Sellafield or Workington.
- Develop the forward-looking site asset lifetime plan capturing asset care and performance interventions based over a 1-25 year time horizon to meet customer, regulatory and business needs.
- Using the data collected in developing the site asset lifetime plan, apply their skills, knowledge and experience to; identify then investigate risks and improvement opportunities, recommending and sponsoring solutions in support of site leaders
- Integrates the site asset lifetime plan into the top level NNL CAPEX planning process for the NNL business
- Directly influences site CAPEX expenditure £10m-50mpa and future performance of the facility by analysis and recommendations contained within the site asset lifetime plan.
- Integrates across key stakeholders on a monthly basis to ensure the strategic long-term asset care lifetime plan aligns with in-year integrated delivery plans and emerging asset care interventions are optimised
- Develop business cases to justify the lowest whole life cost interventions on the asset base through analysis of asset information and business requirements (customer, regulator, landlord, business)
- Sponsor site asset interventions and assure progress against identified asset care delivery work
- Collaborates with asset owners to perform asset condition, risk and performance assessments
- Deliver the asset risk and opportunity management process at the relevant site
- Undertake scheduled plant asset surveillance checks for their area(s) of responsibility and managing any corrective actions raised.
- Contributes to the determination of asset management principles the application of which affect long term business performance
- Applies own discretion within established precedent and policies to balance site operational parameters with business needs
- Champions and embeds asset management good practice in the organisation in order to continuously improve the asset management capability.
- Manage workload to ensure the annual production and refresh of the asset care plan, and its integration with the quarterly integrated planning cycle, is completed alongside investigation of risks and opportunities to ensure the biggest threats and opportunities to site asset performance are addressed in a manner consistent with the risk or benefit
- Expected to operate on their own at a facility on a day to day month to month basis identifying and setting their own priorities to achieve best value and achieved the outcomes required
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified to Certificate or Diploma level within the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) or demonstrable knowledge of the practical application of the asset management process
- Qualified to degree level or HND in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a regulated industry
- Demonstrable practical engineering knowledge of physical assets and associated management activities
- Ability to communicate key information both verbal and written with customers, regulators, suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to plan and direct own work and work independently
Technical Competencies - Essential:
- Proficiency in working with the principles of physical asset management; asset cost, risk and performance, and asset decay modelling.
- A minimum of three years of experience with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems or Maintenance Reporting Systems (MRS)
- Ability to translate diverse sources of asset information into concise reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite,
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate conservative decision making, even in pressure situations
Technical Competencies - Desirable:
- Experience in the development of asset management processes
- Experience in the development of asset data management processes
- Advanced Excel skills
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.