The Project Manager reports to the Business Manager or Business Leader and is accountable for delivering projects safely to the agreed level of quality, schedule and cost in a manner that complies with the NNL’s defined EHS&Q framework and full compliance with all NNL policies.
- Maximise NNL’s performance against internal NNL & customer KPIs.
- Manage the interface with customers with respect to matters relating to potential new work opportunities, and the delivery of contracted work, ensuring that there are agreed communications and reporting methodologies in place.
- Engagement and management of a competent, effective and integrated Project Team, including management oversight , motivation and monitoring of the team’s performance; quality assurance; and addressing areas of under-performance.
- Inputting into the bid / sales process (for new work) as required, and assisting (when requested) in the preparation and coordination of NNL fee proposals and submissions.
- Provision of leadership; coaching, and support to other project team members as required.
- Management of the Client Satisfaction Survey (CSS) process (via the Customer Experience group); managing feedback and action to; and sharing and implementation of learning from experience (LFE).
- Delivery of projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals, and objectives compliant with all relevant Client, NNL, regulatory and legal assurance requirements.
- Development; maintenance, and management of Project Execution Procedures and control documentation in line with the NNL ‘PMA project delivery framework’ to ensure that all work is delivered within approved project baseline; scope; cost; schedule, and quality constraints, and in a safe manner.
- Ensure adequate Health Safety & Security (HS&S) supervision is in place at all times in all locations where work is being carried out, and that Nuclear Safety is not compromised.
- Instigation of relevant ‘health and safety’ related documentation for projects, and promote a health & safety aware culture.
- Establishment of clear and robust communications and meeting strategies to ensure effective communication across the project team and key stakeholders; implementing regular reviews and controls to monitor project progress.
- Provision of accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, both in terms of work activity and financial performance.
- Ensures that change control processes and procedures are fully understood by all parties, including customers, and are rigorously enforced as required throughout the project delivery lifecycle.
- Ensuring that financial performance is managed to achieve maximum revenue and profitability of the project.
- Creation and maintenance of risk / RAIDS schedules; and the escalation of risks where appropriate.
- Application of knowledge of all aspects of a project (engineering, procurement, quality control, etc.) to oversee the successful execution of the project plan.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APM, IPMA Level D) or working towards.
- Demonstrable experience in a Project Management / delivery role.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and delivering small-medium scale / reasonably complex projects.
- Experience of using typical project management tools, processes & software.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Incl. MS Word, Excel, PPoint & Project / EPM).
- Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project, EPM, Primavera P6, etc.
- Demonstrable financial acumen and experience of using financial monitoring & performance tools / processes.
- Experience of different contracting models, involving the management of commercial risks. Demonstrable ability in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to deliver within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of typical Project Management procedures, tools protocols and systems.
- Relevant science, engineering or technical background.(Ideal but not essential)
- Effective reporting writing experience & strong analytical skills.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.