Junior Project Manager (Technology and Digital Change)
The T&DC Junior Project Manager is responsible for delivering small scale technology and digital change projects that underpin the NNL Strategy in line with agreed scope, quality, time and cost.
This role has the flexibility to work from home and can be contractually based in Cumbria / Risley / Preston.
- Responsible for small scale delivering projects in line with agreed scope, quality, time and cost.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the project team to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget
- Accountable for the preparation and presentation of standard project management artefacts such as project initiation documentation, project plans, risk and stakeholder’s matrices and business cases.
- Accountable for project budgets and decisions within agreed project thresholds.
- Supportive in the analysis of project proposals alongside solution architects to determine time frame, budget, risk, and the appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Accountable for the identification and scheduling of project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Accountable for project risk management – including risk assessments and the implementation of mitigation plans.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of delivering technology and digital change projects to time, cost and quality.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and effective communicator.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and external suppliers within a single project.
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level.
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations and a full UK driving licence
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.