Technical Architect (Technology and Digital Change)
The NNL operate a hybrid infrastructure and continue to lead the way in maximising the use of cloud technology in the nuclear industry.
The role of the Technical Architect is to deliver both operational and project deliverables for critical technical change projects.
This role has the flexibility to work from home and can be contractually based in Cumbria / Risley / Preston.
- Accountable for designing technical solutions for multi million-pound enterprise wide initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring technical solutions align to NNL and T&DC strategy
- Accountable for the production of HLD’s, LLD’s, Target State Architectures, Roadmaps, Blueprints, Build Books, Test Plans and Scripts for key technical and change projects
- Creating innovative proof of concepts (infrastructure, cloud, SaaS, solutions, configuration) to demonstrate solutions to senior stakeholders
- Build and implement small to medium scale solutions or take the lead of large-scale solutions
- Ensure deployed solutions are aligned to functional and non-functional requirements and provide technical sign-off for service transition
The Ideal Candidate
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national
- Possess good breadth and depth of knowledge and know how across all aspects of IT and architectural domains including Technology, Application, Data and Security
- A deep understanding of technical architecture, infrastructure (traditional and cloud), and authentication
- A proven track record in the design and development of enterprise grade solutions for traditional on premise and modern cloud or hybrid environments in secure or regulated industries
- Experienced in complex business and application environments and interdependencies
- Familiar with current and future digital trends
- Work in an agile way, the role will require a combination of architectural design and hands on engineering where appropriate
- A demonstrable track record of working in a similar role
- Have a detailed and practical understanding of the Microsoft Azure Cloud, Office 365 platform
- Good understanding and certification (or working towards) industry standards, Microsoft Technical Certifications, Cloud Architecture etc.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.