PMO Lead (Technology and Digital Change)
The T&DC Programme Management Office Lead role sets and ensures technology and change governance, practices and approaches are followed and applied. The PMO role also supports the Portfolio Manager and Demand Manager in planning and managing the portfolio whilst providing day to day leadership to the PMO team.
- Responsible for the leadership, development and coaching of the PMO team
- Responsible for defining and implementing PMO Governance and Assurance Standards as process and procedure owner
- Responsible for capacity planning and resource tracking across the portfolio of projects
- Supporting the Project/Programme Managers to ensure effective delivery is achieved by implementing RAID management, change control, planning and generation of management information; driving and embedding best practice
- Advising Delivery Teams and PMO Analysts to ensure projects are delivered within agreed timescales, budget and project objectives
- Manages Key-Stakeholder relationships at Senior Leadership level, acting as PMO representative at Executive Change Boards
- Active tracking of Programme Finances in line with delivery plan and resource changes including the identification of financial opportunities and risks
- Ensure cross-programme dependencies are managed
- Monitor and report on benefits realisation post implementation as defined in the Business Case / Benefits Realisation Plan
- Supports IT Portfolio Manager and Demand & Release Manager in the management of the end to end Demand and Delivery process
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent analytical skills with a focus on attention to detail regarding reporting /dashboards
- Able to design and implement typical project and programme governance processes
- Excellent understanding of IT business processes and project interdependencies
- Able to create and manage project / programme plans using MS Project including resource tracking and capacity planning
- Ability to critically evaluate project outputs and challenge project and programme managers whilst maintaining good relationships
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to clearly illustrate processes clearly through business process mapping
- Demonstrable experience using project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and Agile)
- Demonstrable PMO Lead experience
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level
- Line Management experience
- Experience in using Project Online / Project Web App / Project for the Web for Portfolio/Programme Management
- Comfortable managing small scale projects to time and budget if required.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.