The job has expired.
As a key member of the Corporate Finance team you will be pivotal in ensuring the business meets its statutory financial reporting obligations. You will be the custodian of financial policy and will seek to improve financial systems and processes.
- Ensure that accounting policy complies with the latest financial reporting standards and interpretations.
- Monitor adherence to accounting policy across the business.
- Ensure that statutory financial reporting across the NNL Group of companies complies with Statutory requirements.
- Provide general technical guidance across the business on accounting treatments.
- Provide ad-hoc accounting advice for specific transactions and projects.
- Ensure that the NNL group of companies complies with all relevant Corporate Taxation requirements (Corporation Tax, Deferred Tax, Value Added Tax).
- Ensure that business systems and processes are set up to support taxation compliance and reporting activities.
- Provide general technical guidance across the business on Corporate Taxation
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice for specific transactions and projects
- Monitor adherence to accounting policy.
- Monitor adherence to relevant business processes.
- Optimise the tax position of the NNL Group of companies by minimising Corporation Taxes due and maximising RDEC.
- Correctly account for revalorisation across long term liabilities.
- Support the annual insurance renewal through the collation of relevant information.
- Conducting routine assessments of customer and supplier financial statements and wider market trends providing risk ratings and recommendations.
- Coordinate the recording and monitoring of departmental risk and opportunity across finance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised professional qualification ACA or equivalent.
- Associate member of a recognised professional body ICAEW or equivalent.
- Demonstrable post-qualification experience in a technical accounting environment – either with an audit / taxation consultancy or operating as in-house technical lead.
- Experience of production of RDEC claims.
- Experience of production of Statutory Financial Statements for groups of companies using IFRS.
- Experience of production of taxation computations within group structures
- Experience of establishing financial control frameworks coupled with a track record of questioning current practices and recommending alternative solutions.
- Experience of determining accounting and tax treatment of complex contractual arrangements.
- Experience of using large ERP systems (Unit 4 Business World would be a bonus).
- Experience of production of Corporate Tax returns (Corporation Tax, VAT).
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.