Asset Information Manager
The Asset Information Manager is a key position of authority within NNL. The role holder will be custodian of the asset information systems, management process and associated governance arrangements. They will be responsible for creating Asset Information Strategies and Plans detailing; storage, specification, management maintenance and analysis of data and information held on NNL assets covering a 1-25 year period.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and database programming languages such as Oracle, SQL, Python and familiar with system and data architecture principles. They will be the technical point of expertise between NNL and system providers to develop the interface between the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and the visualisation tools used by NNL
As subject matter expert they will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to provide asset performance information and insight that maximises the potential of the facilities and equipment, supporting the commercial delivery of customer funded work and internal research and development.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a regulatory capacity; detail oriented, and able to work to stringent deadlines.
The Asset Information Manager will:
o Engage with senior stakeholders to create, integrate and implement the Asset Information Strategy and associated policies to ensure the direction of Asset Information Management is aligned with the business vision over a 1-25 year timeframe
o Develop and own the forward-looking Asset Information Care Plan detailing the activities required to manage the asset information lifecycle activities over a 1-25 year timeframe
o Be custodian of, and maintain, the NNL asset information system(s) to ensure the data and information stored is available for the business to support long term investment decision making process and priorities
o Develop data visualisation and interpretation tools used to directly influence site capital expenditure
o Establish and lead the forums and meetings required to ensure that the Asset Information Management process is governed and aligned to NNL and site regulations
o Create, own and embed the processes and procedures associated to Asset Information Management in NNL.
o Promote best practice within the asset management team and drive behaviours to deliver continuous improvement
The Ideal Candidate
• Degree Qualified or HND in an equivalent discipline
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a regulated industry
• Demonstrable experience with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems or Maintenance Reporting Systems (MRS)
• Demonstrable experience in data visualisation and interpretation
• Working knowledge of key asset information artefacts
• Working knowledge of asset management processes, best practice and standards e.g. ISO550001 and ISO8000
• Ability to communicate key information both verbal and written with customers, regulators, suppliers and stakeholders
• Experienced in the use and administration of computerised Maintenance Management Systems
Desirable Skills / Qualifications additional to profile:
• Requirement to become qualified to Certificate or Diploma level within the Institute of Asset Management (IAM)
• Working knowledge database query language e.g. Oracle or SQL
• Extensive knowledge of MS Excel
• Safety Case awareness, demonstrable knowledge of nuclear Safety Mechanisms (SM), Safety Related (SR) and Safety Features (SF)
• Knowledge of operational & maintenance requirements
• Hold IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.